Re: COPY threads - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: COPY threads
Date
List pgsql-general

On Oct 10, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

Rob Sargent wrote:
Can anyone here tell me whether or not the CopyManager facility in JDBC
via org.postgresql:postgresql:42.1.4 is internally multithreaded?
Running on CentOS 7 (all participants), java8, postgres 10.5

It isn't, and there would not be much reason for it to be, as COPY
in PostgreSQL cannot be parallelized.
Thank you for that confirmation.  I had all cores firing on my copyManager box and it turned out it was really just looking really hard for more byte to free up.  I was getting a lot more out of the database than I could chew.  OOM ensued.

Cheers,
rjs