Re: pg_upgrade failing from 9.3 to 9.4 because "template0" already exists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failing from 9.3 to 9.4 because "template0" already exists
Date
List pgsql-general
> * Matt Landry (lelnet.matt@gmail.com) wrote:
>> postgres=# select datname, datallowconn from pg_database ;
>> datname  | datallowconn
>> -----------+--------------
>> template1 | t
>> template0 | t
>> postgres  | t
>> reporting | t
>> (4 rows)

> Right, as I mentioned, template0 shouldn't have datallowconn as 'true'.
> That's why it's being included in the pg_dumpall.

Perhaps pg_upgrade should deliberately ignore template0 regardless of
datallowconn?  And/or we should hard-wire that into pg_dumpall?
I feel no compulsion whatsoever to preserve any user-initiated changes
in template0 across an upgrade.

            regards, tom lane