Re: Reg: Permission error in Windows psql while trying to read sql commands from file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raj K
Subject Re: Reg: Permission error in Windows psql while trying to read sql commands from file
Date
Re: Reg: Permission error in Windows psql while trying to read sql commands from file  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
List pgsql-general
Since it is in windows - I could not find any specific file permission mechanisms similar to linux. (This is my first foray in windows - so I am a newbie there too )
The computer is not in a network. So, through googling, I found that to share it, we have to move it to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ - which I did.

But even that did not help - as mentioned in the first mail.

If you could help me on this I would be much obliged..

Regards
Raj

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 11/10/2008 18:38, Raj K wrote:
> testdb=# \i c:\testdb.txt
> c:: Permission denied

Apologies for the silly question, but did you actually check the
permissions on the file to see if you are allowed to read it?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie