Re: getGeneratedKeys() - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes
Subject Re: getGeneratedKeys()
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Guys,

I am too dumb or a simple currval() would be useful?
We solved this by sending two queries in JDBC. The first one inserts
a single record in the db. The other issues a currval on the desired
sequence.
There was a posting a few weeks ago, describing a clever method,
issuing both queries on the same connection by using the ";" operator
to separate the queries.
hope this helps.