Re: Multiple Indexing, performance impact - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multiple Indexing, performance impact
Date
List pgsql-general
>> We could offer a --with switch to manually choose the default, too.

> Good idea, yes.  Not sure if we need a --with switch because they can
> just edit the postgresql.conf or postgresql.conf.sample file.

Well, we have a --with switch for DEF_MAXBACKENDS, so one for the
default number of buffers doesn't seem too unreasonable.  I wouldn't
bother with it if configure didn't have to touch the value anyway...
but it's just another line or two in configure.in...

            regards, tom lane