Re: what about PostgreSQL certification ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Fred Moyer
Subject Re: what about PostgreSQL certification ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>> I was curious to know your point of view about pgsql certifications,
>> both "alone" or inserted inside a wider certification (for example,
>> sysadmin certification, that includes apache, postfix, postgresql).
>
> We (Software Research Associates, Inc.: HQ in Tokyo, Japan) will
> launch a world wide PostgreSQL certification program in the near
> future. As someone has already pointed out, it needs great
> effort. However we believe it would help to make PostgreSQL more
> popular.

I went to the Big Nerd Ranch (http://bignerdranch.com) about a year ago
for their PostgreSQL Bootcamp.  I had been using PostgreSQL at the time
for four years, and I came away with a more complete knowledgebase that I
had going in.  The workload is intense, and the curriculum is mature.

I'd recommend it to any company out there looking to get their dba's
certified on PostgreSQL.