Re: Postgres has stopped logging - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres has stopped logging
Date
List pgsql-admin
Lewis Kapell <lkapell@setonhome.org> writes:
> If I search the output of ps -ax for entries containing both "postgres:"
> and "process" I get the following:

>   2259 ?        Ss     0:03 postgres: logger process

Well, that looks reasonable.  You might try strace'ing that process
while you do something that's certain to provoke a log entry
(maybe "SELECT 1/0;" in a psql session).

The only likely problem that I can think of at this point is that
SELinux might think the process shouldn't be allowed to write in
/var/log/postgres/, but I don't know why that would have just suddenly
started to be a problem after working before.  Unless maybe someone
did a system-wide restorecon or some such.

            regards, tom lane