Re: Bug with specific-schema extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug with specific-schema extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> CREATE EXTENSION creates the variant schema for me, but it leaves it
> behind when I drop the extension. I assume this is a bug and not by design?

No, it's intentional.  If you want the schema to be considered part of the
extension, then create it within the extension.

We could have made this case fail, rather than auto-create the containing
schema.  That would have been more consistent but probably less useful,
so we didn't.