RE: Issue: Creating Symlink for data directory of postgresql inCentOS7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chatterjee, Shibayan
Subject RE: Issue: Creating Symlink for data directory of postgresql inCentOS7
Date
List pgsql-general
I found a work around for the problem:
After changing access permissions and ownership of the symlink data directory, I logged into postgres using 'postgres'
loginas:

>>> sudo -i -u postgres

Then force started postgres from there as mentioned below. The execution doesn't return back to prompt, so had it run
backin the background. Postgres started running back to normal.

>>> /usr/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/data &

Thanks !
-Shibayan