Re: bug on log generation ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bug on log generation ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-08-08 10:32:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Another idea is that some of the write() calls are failing --- elog.c
>> doesn't check for that.

> I was suspicious of those as well. It might be a good idea to at least write
> such failures to stderr, otherwise it's just about impossible to debug. Not
> that stderr will always point anywhere useful...

Uh ... what we are talking about is a failure to write to stderr.
It's not likely that adding more output will help.

Having said that, looping on EAGAIN seems like a reasonably harmless
change.  Whether it will help here is really hard to say, though.