Re: [HACKERS] Defaulting psql to ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK=interactive - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Defaulting psql to ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK=interactive
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter van Hardenberg <pvh@pvh.ca> writes:
> It's quite clear to me that the current default behaviour costs the world
> serious pain and heart-ache on a daily basis.

This is a large claim for which you've provided little evidence.  On the
other hand, changing behavior like this from one version to the next will
definitely cause a lot of pain and heartache.

I'm also dubious that ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK=interactive is a completely
problem-free setting.  It will at least mean that copying-and-pasting
between a script file and your terminal doesn't work transparently.