Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jacob Champion <pchampion@vmware.com> writes:
>> Looks like we'd have to make use of a dummy stamp-file, more or less
>> as attached.  Any objections?

> Spitballing -- if you don't like the stamp file, you could add the
> check to the end of the $(shlib) rule, surrounded by an ifeq check.
> Then .DELETE_ON_ERROR should take care of the rest, I think.

Hmm ... I'd been thinking we don't use .DELETE_ON_ERROR, but on
second look we do, so that could be a plausible approach.

On balance though, the separate rule seems better, because
.DELETE_ON_ERROR would destroy the evidence about why "nm"
failed, which could be annoying when investigating problems.