Re: [GENERAL] disk writes within a transaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jonathan vanasco
Subject Re: [GENERAL] disk writes within a transaction
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 17, 2017, at 4:05 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:

> It will probably be easier to refactor the code than to quantify just how much damage it does.

Thanks for all the info.  It looks like this is something worth prioritizing because of the effects on indexes.

We had discussed a fix and pointed it; rewriting the code that causes this is pretty massive, and will require blocking
outa resource FT for 2 weeks on rewrites and testing.  We don't really have time to spare any of those devs, so time to
makeproduct tradeoffs ;(