Re: refactoring basebackup.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Jul 21, 2021, at 8:09 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A callback where?

If you were going to support lots of formats, not just tar, you might want the streamer class for each format to have a
callbackwhich sets up the injector, rather than having CreateBackupStreamer do it directly.  Even then, having now
studiedCreateBackupStreamer a bit more, the idea seems less appealing than it did initially.  I don't think it makes
thingsany cleaner when only supporting tar, and maybe not even when supporting multiple formats, so I'll withdraw the
suggestion.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company