Re: Fwd: configure: error: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found while trying to compile odbc - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fwd: configure: error: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found while trying to compile odbc
Date
List pgsql-odbc
onur gulsevgi <ogulsevgi@gmail.com> writes:
> Here are the commands to build unixODBC:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/unixODBC
> make
> make install

I think the problem here is that you're installing unixODBC in a
nonstandard location (viz, /usr/local/unixODBC), and then not telling
psqlodbc where to find it:

> oracle->>./configure --prefix=/data11/ora_bosa/bosadb/odbc/driver
> --without-libpq

I'm not sure about the precise incantation for Solaris, but I'd expect
to see something in there pointing to /usr/local/unixODBC.

What's more, this command is telling psqlodbc to install itself in a
*different* location-chosen-at-random.

While you might be able to make this work if you force it, it's going to
make usage of the software quite unpleasant, because you'll be needing
to cite these unusual paths all the time whenever you build or configure
programs using ODBC.  I think you'd be best advised to install these
packages in the default place.

            regards, tom lane