Re: Why would I want to use connection pooling middleware? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kirk Strauser
Subject Re: Why would I want to use connection pooling middleware?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 15, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Bill Moran wrote:

> However, it pgpool can't pool connections if each connection has its
> own username.  Not sure what exactly is causing it not to work for
> you,
> but that was the first thing that came to mind.

The usernames are per-app.  Zope connections with username "zope", for
example.  However, any given application might have 30 instances
running at any time.

> Are you having a problem?  If so, what is the problem?

Honestly?  That so many people are singing the praises of connection
pooling and I thought I'd better at least see what the excitingment is
about.
--
Kirk Strauser