Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: /contrib/cube improvements: Update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: /contrib/cube improvements: Update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua Reich <josh@root.net> writes:
> I'm not sure exactly what to do here. I tried simply doing
> CREATE TYPE cube;

> But I still get NOTICE's to the effect of "return type cube is only a
> shell" or "argument type cube is only a shell".

Hmm ... I remembered that we'd discussed suppressing those NOTICEs,
but I guess we didn't actually do it.

> I'm not sure how to do this to get zero NOTICES.

I think what I'd suggest is making earthdistance do
SET client_min_messages = warning;include the fileRESET client_min_messages;

This will avoid any future flap in the test output if we do remove
those notices.