Re: Creating dynamically-typed tables using psycopg2's built-informatting - Mailing list psycopg

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Creating dynamically-typed tables using psycopg2's built-informatting
Date
List psycopg

> On Jun 13, 2019, at 13:29, David Raymond <David.Raymond@tomtom.com> wrote:
> For the capitalization thing basically what's going on is two things. (The way I understand it)
> 1) Postgres IS case sensitive.
> 2) When any query gets sent to the server, the server converts everything not inside quotes to lower case as step 1,
_before_trying to match names for tables, columns, functions, etc.

It's a bit more elaborate than that, although that's not a bad summary of the perceived result.  The details are here:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS\

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com