Re: [HACKERS] [GENERAL] Not able to create collation on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [GENERAL] Not able to create collation on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Yes, I was able to create collation using "C" instead of "POSIX" on windows,
> CREATE COLLATION public.test from pg_catalog."C";

Yeah, I thought that might happen.  So the point basically is that in
almost all of the collations code, the "C" and "POSIX" names are handled
by dedicated code paths that don't care what the system's locale support
thinks.  But we missed that for CREATE COLLATION.  Aside from the case
you ran into, this means you can't do CREATE COLLATION ... FROM "C"
at all on platforms that lack HAVE_LOCALE_T.  There's no good reason
for that IMO; not if we're one line of code away from allowing it.

            regards, tom lane