Re: - operator overloading not giving expected result - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rajesh S
Subject Re: - operator overloading not giving expected result
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi All,

Thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions.  As it was pointed out we are using EDB Postgres and the language was mentioned as 'edbspl'.  We made to work by setting the search_path variable as follows:

set search_path="$user", public, pg_catalog

And also changed the Operator overloading function as below.  This gave us the expected results.  Thanks once again for all your comments.  Consider this thread as closed.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.dt_minus_dt(dt1 DATE, dt2 DATE)
RETURNS INTEGER as
$$
    SELECT (to_char(dt1::date,'J'::varchar) - to_char(dt2::date,'J'::varchar))::integer
$$ LANGUAGE SQL IMMUTABLE STRICT PARALLEL SAFE COST 1;

CREATE OPERATOR public.- (
  PROCEDURE = dt_minus_dt,
  LEFTARG = DATE,
  RIGHTARG = DATE