Re: slotname vs slot_name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: slotname vs slot_name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On June 5, 2014 7:43:06 PM CEST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> Robert Haas wrote:
>>> For my part, I'd strongly prefer a name based on the term "logical
>>> decoding".
>
>> There is no reason not to use long names, so I think
>pg_logical_decoding
>> is fine.
>
>+1

Still not a fan oft having decoding in the name. I've at least one patch pending (replication identifiers, submitted a
couplemonths back) that will need to stash a couple of files somewhere. And it's for the apply side, not the decoding
side.

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.