Re: Setting min/max TLS protocol in clientside libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Setting min/max TLS protocol in clientside libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 11 Jan 2020, at 03:49, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>> One thing I noticed when looking at it is that we now have sha2_openssl.c and
>>> openssl_protocol.c in src/common.  For easier visual grouping of OpenSSL
>>> functionality, it makes sense to me to rename sha2_openssl.c to openssl_sha2.c,
>>> but that might just be pointless churn.

>> Databases like consistency, and so do I, so no issues from me to do a
>> rename of the sha2.c file.  That makes sense with the addition of the
>> new file.

> Done in the attached v3.

I'm kind of down on renaming files unless there is a *really* strong
reason for it.  It makes back-patching more difficult and it makes
it much harder to follow the git history.  And, seeing that there is
also a src/common/sha2.c, it seems to me that renaming sha2_openssl.c
will just break consistency in a different way.

Maybe the problem is you've got the new file's name backwards.
Maybe it should be protocol_openssl.c.