Re: Some question about statement - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Daniel Blanch Bataller
Subject Re: Some question about statement
Date
答复: [JDBC] Some question about statement  (张元超 <zhangyuanchao@highgo.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I guess its simply because String fields in postgres can not be larger than 1 GB, long type could represent length values far beyond this limit surpassing postgres limits.

-Daniel