Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany() - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [psycopg] speed concerns with executemany()
Date
List psycopg
On 12/23/2016 04:59 PM, Christophe Pettus wrote:

>> On Dec 23, 2016, at 16:58, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>> I understood it did:
>>
>> http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html#transactions-control
>>
>> "It is possible to set the connection in autocommit mode: this way all the commands executed will be immediately
committedand no rollback is possible. A few commands (e.g. CREATE DATABASE, VACUUM...) require to be run outside any
transaction:in order to be able to run these commands from Psycopg, the connection must be in autocommit mode: you can
usethe autocommit property (set_isolation_level() in older versions)."

> My somewhat garbled thought was that each of the component INSERTs in the .executemany would be getting its own
transactionunless the connection was set to autocommit... but I'll admit I haven't tested it.

Don't you mean?:
My somewhat garbled thought was that each of the component INSERTs in
the .executemany would be getting its own transaction if the connection

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com