Re: pg_dump out of range error (7.1.3) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump out of range error (7.1.3)
Date
List pgsql-general
"Arsalan Zaidi" <azaidi@directi.com> writes:
> When trying to dump data from a database with ~43GB of data, this is the
> error I get. The domains table has ~30 million rows.

> command line = pg_dump test2
> db version = 7.1.3
> error string = getTables(): SELECT (for PRIMARY KEY) failed on table
> domains.  Explanation from backend: ERROR:  dtoi4: integer out of range

Looks like you've got OIDs above 2 billion in your database.  7.1's
pg_dump is a bit careless about sometimes trying to stuff such values
into signed integers :-(

> So is upgrading to 7.2 the cure? :-)

You should be able to run 7.2's pg_dump against the 7.1 server to dump
this database.

            regards, tom lane