Re: configure and DocBook XML - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure and DocBook XML
Date
Re: configure and DocBook XML  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
=?utf-8?Q?Paul_F=C3=B6rster?= <paul.foerster@gmail.com> writes:
> On 26. Nov, 2020, at 17:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> There's a nearby thread in which I was suggesting that we should just
>> not bother with this configure test [1].
>> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/E2EE6B76-2D96-408A-B961-CAE47D1A86F0%40yesql.se

> I haven't installed DocBook at all. So the check for DocBook naturally always fails. Could that be the reason?

If you don't have the docbook stylesheets, but you do have xmllint,
configure's probe will cause xmllint to try to download those
stylesheets off the net.  For me, that always succeeds, but it
takes two or three seconds.  I find it curious that it seems to be
timing out for you.