Re: Ctid chain following enhancement - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Ctid chain following enhancement
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch which should marginally improve the ctid chain followin
> code path when current and the next tuple in the chain are in the same
> block.

It looks to me that you have introduced a buffer leak into
heap_get_latest_tid ... which is quite unlikely to be worth optimizing
anyway.  EvalPlanQual is not exactly a performance-critical path either,
and given how hard that code is to understand at all, complicating it
for marginal performance gains seems dubious.

            regards, tom lane