Re: Restore replication settings when modifying a field type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Restore replication settings when modifying a field type
Date
Re: Restore replication settings when modifying a field type  (Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@foxmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-11-01 04:39, Euler Taveira wrote:
> ATExecAlterColumnType records everything that depends on the column
> and for indexes it saves the definition (via pg_get_indexdef_string).
> Definition is not sufficient for reconstructing the replica identity
> information because there is not such keyword for replica identity in
> CREATE INDEX. The new index should call relation_mark_replica_identity
> to fix pg_index.indisreplident.

Yeah, I don't think we need to do the full dance of reverse compiling
the SQL command and reexecuting it, as the patch currently does.  That's
only necessary for rebuilding the index itself.  For re-setting the
replica identity, we can just use the internal API as you say.

Also, a few test cases would be nice for this patch.