Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello
thank you for review!

> Adding check constraint will also force the full table scan. So I think
> it would be better to rephrased it as follows:
Agree. I updated docs in new attached patch slightly different

> Regarding regression tests it may be useful to set client_min_messages
> to 'debug1' before setting "NOT NULL" attribute for a column. In this
> case you can tell for sure that NotNullImpliedByRelConstraints()
> returned true (i.e. your code actually did the job) as the special debug
> message is printed to the log.
I can not find any debug messages in tests: grep client_min_messages -irn src/test/ Only some warning level and few
error.So i verify in regression tests only top-level behavior.

Or this paragraph was for other people, not for tests?

regards, Sergei
Attachment