Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Susan,

you need to install the openssl rpm if you don't have that already. But it should be a standard package in all Linux
distributions,so it should be in your repository.

Exmaple from my host:
$ rpm -qa openssl
openssl-1.1.0i-lp151.1.1.noarch

Cheers,
Paul

> On 04. Jun, 2020, at 18:50, Susan Joseph <sandajoseph@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> So the other issue I have is that I am running this on a server that is not connected to the Internet.  So I have
downloadedthe RPM file but I can't figure out how to install it without it trying to access files on the Internet.  Are
thereother libraries I need to include in my download for this to work on a non-networked server?

Currentlythe only way I have gotten SSL turned on in PostgreSQL is by doing the following commands:

instructionsfrom https://www.postgresql.org/download/.