Re: PostGreSql database features questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: PostGreSql database features questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Ish Ahluwalia <ahluwalia@erinc.com> writes:
> 1)  Does PostGreSql allows for multiple databases to be open at the same
> time?

The backend supports access to multiple databases at the same time.

> 2) Does PostGreSql have the ability to tag a Database/Table to be a
> persistent or non-persistent database/table?  By this question I
> mean, that I may need to have a table that I don't want to be saved
> to the hard disk/ flash file system and only want to keep it in
> memory and other tables/database I may want to save to hard disk or
> flash.  Does PostGreSql allow for that?

There has been discussion of this, but no implementation has emerged.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>