Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
peter_e@gmx.net (Peter Eisentraut) writes:

> Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2007 18:11 schrieb Derek Rodner:
>> While the wording of the press release is cause for concern in the
>> community because of "first-ever" and "professional grade", we need to
>> do this for marketing purposes.  If we had said "EnterpriseDB releases
>> yet another PostgreSQL distribution" then no one would cover it.
>
> Well, at least you are admitting that you are not telling the truth.
>
> I will suggest, however, that knowingly wrong material should not be posted on
> the postgresql.org web site any longer.

How about we leave it thus...

It *is* true to say that this is the first professional grade release
of _EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL_.

It may be that they'll discover improvements that can be made to it to
make it "even more professional," at which point they could rename it
_EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL Pro_ and have another press release...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/emacs.html