Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Ellsworth
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/8/07, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> I was under the impression that www scrutinizes all Press Releases prior
> to posting to the site.  Not true?

We do. We check them for frequency of posting from a single company (so
noone floods the news pages), relevancy and appropriateness. We don't
check they are factually accurate, or try to second guess the intent of
the companies posting them.

And yes, I did approve that one - despite my employer it meets all our
agreed acceptance criteria.

Regards, Dave.

Not pointing a finger in any direction, particularly at you Dave.  My point was that if it meets the criteria, then there should be no issue -- or thread.  If there is a problem with the criteria or vetting process, then focus should be redirected to *that* as an issue.

Praise in public, criticize in private.  Particularly when it's 'one of our own'.

Thanks,
Mike