Re: Tidying values on variable instantiation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Tidying values on variable instantiation
Date
List pgsql-sql
gpatnude@hotmail.com ("Greg Patnude") writes:
> Data validation and purification should be performed at the
> application layer -- you should format your data appropriately
> BEFORE trying any INSERT/UPDATE operations.

It seems to me that one might create some stored functions that can do
some validation/purification which, by virtue of residing in the
database, have the ability to efficiently access other data in order
to do data-based validation.

I know I have found that to be a useful approach...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html