Re: The name of the game - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: The name of the game
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake") writes:
>> So tell your customer whatever seems easiest (yes, that's most likely
>> postgres - that would be even easier than pgsql.org, if we had it, since
>> it's easily pronouncable) and let's have a computer deal with sorting
>> that part out.
>
> Great then I get to explain why postgres is postgresql but not pgsql...

I somewhat favor the approach of indicating that it's a "silent Q" :-).

<http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/TheBookshopSketch>

C: I wonder if you might have a copy of "Rarnaby Budge"?
P: No, as I say, we're right out of Edmund Wells!
C: No, not Edmund Wells - Charles Dikkens.
P: (pause - eagerly) Charles Dickens??
C: Yes.
P: (excitedly) You mean "Barnaby Rudge"!
C: No, "Rarnaby Budge" by Charles Dikkens.  That's Dikkens with two Ks, the
   well-known Dutch author.
P: (slight pause) No, well we don't have "Rarnaby Budge" by Charles Dikkens
   with two Ks, the well-known Dutch author, and perhaps to save time I
   should add that we don't have "Karnaby Fudge" by Darles Chickens, or
   "Farmer of Sludge" by Marles Pickens, or even "Stickwick Stapers" by Farles
   Wickens with four M's and a silent Q!!!!!  Why don't you try W. H. Smith's?
C: Ah did, They sent me here.
P: DID they.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))