Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
Re: Lessons from commit fest  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:
>> I think pg_indent has to be made a lot more portable and easy to use
>> before that can happen :-) I've run it once or twice on linux machines,
>> and it comes out with huge changes compared to what Bruce gets on his
>> machine.
>
> Yeah, I've had no luck with it either.
>
> Every so often there are discussions of going over to GNU indent
> instead.  Presumably that would solve the portability problem.
> The last time we tried it (which was a long time ago) it seemed
> to have too many bugs and idiosyncrasies of its own, but it would
> be worth a fresh round of experimenting IMHO.

Well, GNU indent is now on version 2.2.9, and has evidently addressed
*some* problems with it.

Unfortunately, the pgindent README does not actually specify what any
of the actual problems with GNU indent are, thus making it pretty much
impossible to evaluate whether or not any of the subsequent releases
might have addressed any of those problems.

I doubt that the pgindent issues have been addressed.
--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/sgml.html