Re: How to write jobs in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: How to write jobs in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
chiranjeevi.i@pyronetworks.com ("chiranjeevi.i") writes:
>     Is it possible to write jobs in postgresql & if possible how
> should I write .please help me.:p>

What do you mean by "job?"

If you mean "run some sort of scheduled script," then that represents
something that you could do using your favorite operating system's
scheduling system.

On Unix, we normally schedule batch jobs using cron.

If you are running on Windows, I'm not particularly familiar with
whatever it is that you would run there.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html