Re: Postgresql problem in AIX 5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Postgresql problem in AIX 5.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
kelvin.lau@sas.com ("Kelvin Lau") writes:
> I have a question regarding Postgresql on AIX 5.3's compatibility, since there are reported problems for this
combinationin newsgroup. I have also tried to install it also. The installation was successful and there was a message
indicatingthat. However, when I ran the command 'createdb xythos', there was error:
> createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol 0.0: server supports 1.0 to
3.0
> Several versions (Posgresql 7.4.8, 8.0.0, 8.0.3) had been tried but the results were the same.
> Is Postgresql on AIX 5.3 supported? If yes, why there is such error and how to avoid?

Have you read the FAQ?

This issue results from a bug introduced in AIX 5.3.  See the FAQ
entry on this at the URL below.

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_AIX.html>
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"