Postgresql problem in AIX 5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kelvin Lau
Subject Postgresql problem in AIX 5.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a question regarding Postgresql on AIX 5.3's compatibility, since th=
ere are reported problems for this combination in newsgroup. I have also tr=
ied to install it also. The installation was successful and there was a mes=
sage indicating that. However, when I ran the command 'createdb xythos', th=
ere was error:
createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL: unsupported front=
end protocol 0.0: server supports 1.0 to 3.0
Several versions (Posgresql 7.4.8, 8.0.0, 8.0.3) had been tried but the res=
ults were the same.=20
Is Postgresql on AIX 5.3 supported? If yes, why there is such error and how=
 to avoid?

Regards,
Kelvin