Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Richard Schilling wrote:
> How about using the phrase "Optimized for AMD Opteron".  NOTE: You
> may be required to get PostgreSQL to pass a standards test to be
> able to claim that, but if the test were done it would be a big
> selling point.

It doesn't strike me as being a claim that is meaningfully true.

What would be accurate, meaningful, and actually somewhat descriptive
would be:

"Takes full advantage of large (>2GB) memory configurations on
numerous 64 bit platforms including AMD Opteron, HP/Compaq Alpha,
Intel IA-64, Sun UltraSPARC, MIPS, [blah, blah, blah, others...]"
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'libertyrms.info';
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>