installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Kennett
Subject installation problem
Date
Re: installation problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
and trying to get postrgresql installed. after running configure,
while trying to run make, i get this in the terminal:

sh-2.05b# make

make -C doc all

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make -C src all

make -C doc all

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make -C src all

You need to run the 'configure' program first. See the file

'INSTALL' for installation instructions.

make[2]: *** [all] Error 1

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

any suggestions?

thanks a lot,

Mike</x-tad-bigger></fontfamily>
Hey I'm new to unix and trying to get postrgresql installed. after