Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dan Kogan
Subject Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hi Will,

Yes, I think we’ve seen some discussions on that.  Our servers our hosted on Amazon Ec2 and upgrading the kernel does not seem so straight forward.

We did a benchmark using pgbench on 3.5 vs 3.2 and saw an improvement.  Unfortunately our production server would not boot off 3.5 so we had to revert back to 3.2.

At this point we are contemplating whether it’s better to go back to 11.04 or upgrade to 12.10 (which comes with kernel version 3.5).

Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Dan