Re: Split index and table statistics into different types of stats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: Split index and table statistics into different types of stats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 12/7/22 11:11 AM, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As [1] mentioned above has been committed (83a1a1b566), please find attached V5 related to this thread making use of
thenew macros (namely PG_STAT_GET_RELENTRY_INT64 and PG_STAT_GET_RELENTRY_TIMESTAMPTZ).

>> I switched from using "CppConcat" to using "##", as it looks to me it's easier to read now that we are adding
anotherconcatenation to the game (due to the table/index split).

>> The (Tab,tab) or (Ind,ind) passed as arguments to the macros look "weird" (I don't have a better idea yet): purpose
isto follow the naming convention for PgStat_StatTabEntry/PgStat_StatIndEntry and
pgstat_fetch_stat_tabentry/pgstat_fetch_stat_indentry,thoughts?

>> Looking forward to your feedback,
>>

> Attaching V6 (mandatory rebase due to 8018ffbf58).
>
> While at it, I got rid of the weirdness mentioned above by creating 2 sets of macros (one for the tables and one for
theindexes).

> Looking forward to your feedback,
>
> Regards,

Attaching V7, mandatory rebase due to 66dcb09246.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team