Re: int2 vs int4 in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: int2 vs int4 in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance
truthhurts@insightbb.com ("Announce") writes:
> I KNOW that I am not going to have anywhere near 32,000+ different
> genres in my genre table so why use int4?  Would that squeeze a few
> more milliseconds of performance out of a LARGE song table query
> with a genre lookup?

By the way, I see a lot of queries on tables NOT optimized in this
fashion that run in less than a millisecond, so it would seem
remarkable to me if there were milliseconds to be squeezed out in the
first place...
--
output = reverse("moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html