Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus) writes:
>> Usually at our booths (at least the ones that I man) we have a various
>> assortment of sundries including brochures (cmd included). At LW-SF last
>> year we had:
>
> I'd agree we need to cut down on the variety of paper stuff.  "Less is
> more".  Sticking to .ORG-only stuff would do that.

That sounds generally like a good thing.

> I'd suggest:
> 1-page general information sheet
> "PostgreSQL for Executives" brochure ala Fujitsu
> 1-page B&W flyer about some current/related information
>     (e.g. about 8.3 when we release it, listing PostgreSQL talks at OSCON,
> etc.)

I have a 2 sided one page B&W flyer (based on something that was, I
think, originally German) that I gave out at a show here in Toronto.
I wound up with the trouble that I couldn't get it to print
double-sided, but normally I think there's a lot of merit to making
use of both sides of the sheet of paper :-).

I have LaTeX sources and such if people would like to take a look at
it.  I'll forward a copy of the PDF to Josh Berkus just 'cause it
seems like a useful idea.
--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/spiritual.html