Re: Database Scalability - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Chobot
Subject Re: Database Scalability
Date
List pgsql-general
Saurav Sarkar wrote on 11/30/21 7:08 PM:
> So are all the schemas on one DB or are distributed/sharded across
> multiple DBs ?
In our use case, every db entirely homes one or more schemas. Some dbs
host many schemas for small customers, some dbs host a handful of
schemas for medium customers, and some dbs are dedicated to a single
large customer. If the customer is very large, we get a bigger db than
normal for them. So theoretically we still have a problem of vertical
scale but in practice it's rarely an issue and when it is, we can
usually split that single customer into multiple, at the application layer.