Re: BUG #1191: odd usage of port 512 on localhost - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1191: odd usage of port 512 on localhost
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> Since I've installed postgres on debian-testing I'm getting firewall logs
> of:

> RELATED PACKET:
> SRC=localhost DST=localhost PROTO=ICMP CODE=3,3
> PROTO=UDP SPT=1030 DPT=512

> My logs show it happens every time postgres postmaster sends mail.

Since the postmaster does not send mail, you're going to have to start
by explaining that remark.  Are you perhaps using some
non-postgres-supplied code to send mail?  If so, are you sure that code
is not to blame?

            regards, tom lane