Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Date
Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
List pgsql-hackers
Op 24-08-2022 om 08:37 schreef Pavel Stehule:

> I fixed these.
>

 > [v20220824-1-*.patch]

Hi Pavel,

I noticed just now that variable assignment (i.e., LET) unexpectedly
(for me anyway) cast the type of the input value. Surely that's wrong?
The documentation says clearly enough:

'The result must be of the same data type as the session variable.'

Example:

create variable x integer;
let x=1.5;
select x, pg_typeof(x);
  x | pg_typeof
  2 | integer
(1 row)

Is this correct?

If such casts (there are several) are intended then the text of the
documentation should be changed.

Thanks,

Erik