view with insert rule - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philipp Kraus
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I use some views for creating some different accessibility of the table data. For inserting I use a rule, which works
atthe moment, but
my rules runs the SQL statement "insert into myschema.mytable values (new.*)"

If I run on my view the command: insert into myview (field1, field4) values ('first', 123)
it creates an error, because the base table has got some null constraints and other checks. If I create a full insert
statement like "insert into (field1, field2, field3, field4) values (...)" everything works fine.

Can I create a view, that can be used like a table, so on insert statements the default values are set? Can I do
this with trigger ?

Thanks

Phil