Re: BUG #5261: Invalide page header - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #5261: Invalide page header
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Takesver Kumar Thakur
<takesver.thakur@mobilefundas.com> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05261
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Takesver Kumar Thakur
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0takesver.thakur@mobilefundas.com
> PostgreSQL version: postgresql-8.1
> Operating system: =A0 centos 5
> Details:
>
> Hi ,
>
> =A0I received warning on my postgres db,when I fire query,so please provi=
de me
> any possible solution.
>
> WARNING: =A0invalid page header in block 32129 of relation "cdr"; zeroing=
 out
> page

I suspect that this is caused by one of two things:

1. You haven't specified which minor version of PostgreSQL 8.1 you are
running, but if it's not the latest one (8.1.19) you should upgrade.
There may be data corruption bugs that have been fixed in newer
versions.  I would suggest a dump and reload cycle to make sure you've
got a clean install, if that's practical.

- or -

2. Your hardware is busted.

...Robert